Cookies erleichtern die Bereitstellung der Dienste auf dieser Website. Mit der Nutzung dieser Website erklären Sie sich mit dem Einsatz von Cookies einverstanden.

Alle
Foren
Vitodens 300 WB3B Regelung defekt?
Verfasser:
Martin24
Zeit: 13.04.2018 09:28:32
Zitat von ClausTTL Beitrag anzeigen
Companies like Viessmann can't just rely on published datasheets that only provide data for up to 1000 hours of use, if these capacitors are connected to mains voltage for many tens of thousands of hours during a regular machine life in different climates.

I am wondering if the one who designed this board was as unaware of the long-term stability of X2-MKP-capacitors as I was. I am an electrical engineer for many years (okay, not working on any mains connected circuits professionally) and I have seen a lot of failing electrolytic capacitors. But I thought film capacitors to be of nearly unlimited life. That a film capacitor fails after 4 years of service (while staying inside its specified operating conditions) with a capacity degradation of 90% is completely new to me.

Nevertheless I would expect Viessmann to root-cause this failure (since there are a lot of them) and to do something about it. But even the new board I buyed seems to use the same capacitor in the same place.

Martin

Verfasser:
Bozzy
Zeit: 13.04.2018 12:23:46
Zitat von ClausTTL Beitrag anzeigen
I think it should also be the task of Viessmann to provide a cheaper option [...] just because they selected one single capacitor that is not up for the task for 10+ years of use.

I bought a Viessmann boiler because I knew they are one of the best companies in this sector (many compare them to Mercedes for cars). It's very sad to find out that they're still producing boards with a known and relatively widespread problem, while I think a re-engineering could solve it.

Yes, it surely depends on a lot of environmental factors (the Viessmann-approved plumber who did yearly maintenance just at the beginning of my problems confirmed that he changes more boards on houses close to the "transformer cabin" or very far from it - where line voltage can be too high or very noisy respectively), but a well engineered circuit should tolerate these conditions for a long time, especially from a manufacturer like Viessmann. Or at least, as you said, they should perform repairs at a lower cost than a new board. Maybe someone should ask them...

And just to open a new perspective... couldn't it be that Viessmann used this circuit on purpose to disable the board when C105 fails, as a way to estimate that also other X2 capacitors on the board are near they're end of life? Just an idea that went through my head...

Bozzy

Verfasser:
Vito Tense
Zeit: 14.10.2018 15:33:04
Zitat von Bozzy Beitrag anzeigen
Hey guys, I decided to try asking my local dealer if they've got an X2 cap like C105 and YES, they've got it, not only, they've got the same make and model as the original one!!! Bought it (1€), desoldered the old one, measured and... 19nF instead of 220nF! Crap X2 capacitors! Soldered the new one,[...]

SOLVED: Had the same problem... It's the second time this capacitor was defect (47nF instead of 220nF in both cases). Replaced C105 by a new capacitor - now all is running fine again. First time the technician replaced the whole PCB for several hundreds of Euros... Second time, I replaced the capacitor (located in the middle of the PCB) for a few cents...
WARNING: don't do this if you are not an authorized Viessmann technician / experienced electronics engineer. :-)

Verfasser:
Mogli_at_home
Zeit: 04.11.2018 10:10:28
Hi,
it seems that the conversation in this special case switched to english, so I try now also my best:

After the problems in 2013 and 2016 (heating installed 2006) I got yesterday again trouble with my Vitodens 333. Unfortunatelly paired with a error code (F4 Feuerungsautomat) and flasing red LED, so I did not think of this problem. The nachanic checks everything, cleaned the heating and ckecked valves and electrodes. Did not help.

So I now unfold the control to cool it down and again the error is gone and the heating works...

So I think they keep the bad part in the controller and just added a error message...

Fortunatelly the last repair was shorter then 2 year ago, so maybe they will repair it.
I keep you informed.

Regards

Verfasser:
Bozzy
Zeit: 05.11.2018 13:14:31
Zitat von Vito Tense Beitrag anzeigen

SOLVED: Had the same problem... It's the second time this capacitor was defect (47nF instead of 220nF in both cases). Replaced C105 by a new capacitor - now all is running fine again. First time the technician replaced the whole PCB for several hundreds of Euros... [...]

This is just bad! I can't understand why one should pay 400-600€ for a new board (with the same defective part only waiting to break again in the future...) when a repair whould cost 1€ for parts and less than a hour for an electronics technician. Crazy! A whole PCB full of working parts thrown into the trash, unnecessarily polluting our world, and a theft for the customer. Really, this is pure consumerism.

I'm really glad that all the discoverings we made here are helping people to save money and to save the world.

Zitat von Mogli_at_home Beitrag anzeigen
Hi,
it seems that the conversation in this special case switched to english, so I try now also my best:[...]

Sorry Mogli, I can't speak German so I asked if we could switch to English, but if you feel it's time to switch back to German, feel free to do so. The relevant parts which can be helpful to non-german speaking people is already here ;-)

About your problem, I'll keep reading if you'll post some news. Fingers crossed...

Verfasser:
Pasch981
Zeit: 30.11.2018 15:40:00
Hallo!Ich bin neu hier.Habe folgende Heizungsanlage:Viessmann Vitodens 300Kesselkreisregelung GG3Problem ist folgendes:Die Heizung heizt nur sporadisch.Das heißt, ich kann die Raumtemperatur auf 37 Grad stellen, die Heizung schaltet den Brenner nicht sofort an.Irgendwann ja, aber eben nicht gleich. Der Brenner läuft dann ein paar Minuten und schaltet dann wieder ab.Auch im Schornsteinfegermodus schaltet der Brenner nicht ein.Vielleicht kann mir jemand weiter helfen, wird langsam kalt draußen. :)

Verfasser:
Tosca03
Zeit: 07.12.2018 19:57:12
Hallo,
wir haben ab jetzt das selbe Problem mit Vitodens 300; 11KW; WB3 Regelungsplatine
wir ,einschl. Oma Pfl.Stufe IV sitzen im Kalten und Heizungsbauer sagt neues gerät (ca.8000.-€) da es keine Platine mehr gibt. Bin richtig sauer! Habe auf der Platine Landis und Staefa gelesen, gibt es die Firma noch? Früher war Landis und Skyr (od.so)
ganz groß?
Komme auch morgen gefahren oder ersetze Kosten
viele Grüße

Verfasser:
Onkel2012
Zeit: 07.12.2018 21:55:56
Hallo. Bei Dir handelt es sich um ein komplett anderes Gerät. Der beim WB3 verbaute Feuerungsautomat ist tatsächlich nicht mehr lieferbar. Der Feuerungsautomat wurde durch Siemens hergestellt, aber wird wie gesagt nicht mehr hergestellt. Reparaturen auf dem Feuerungsautomat sind leider unzulässig,mda es sich um ein sicherheitsrelevantes Bauteil handelt.

Verfasser:
regra
Zeit: 24.12.2018 10:02:39
Hello,

thanks al lot. How did you find out, that C105 was the bad-part? In my case, it had a capacity of nearly 22nF. I Changed it an it works for now three weeks.

Merry XMas

Verfasser:
Mogli_at_home
Zeit: 15.01.2019 18:18:34
Hi,
here is an update from my side:
The last exchange was just 23 months ago, so Viessmann replaced the board without costs and also covered the first visit of the mechanic.

I kept the old board and cecked C105. It has the original value of 0,22 uF, but if I warm it up it dropped to below 0,18.

This matched with my experience that cool down the board let the error disapear. I checked with a new capacitor. No capacity drop up to 100 Degree Celsius. Below you find the pic of the repair. The new one is bigger, but fits in the housing without problems.

Cheers,
Matthias

Verfasser:
carphone
Zeit: 15.01.2019 21:09:12
If C105 is defective it shows a capacitance value of less than 100nF at least on those boards I have seen. So in the case Matthias showed there might be other components in question as well, because 180nF is only 20% away from the nominal 220nF. This is a usual order of capacitance variation with temperature.

Nevertheless C105 is seen quite often as a source for the malfunction on this Vitodens control unit. I would replace it anyway in case of problems as a first souce of issues. Please note that there a other releases of the Vitodens control board where C105 has different mechanical dimensions with RM=15 instead of 22.5 mm pin distance.

Here are part numbers from Reichel.de for both capacitor versions:
220nF 305V~ 110°C 18x8x15mm RM15: MKP-X2 220N
220nF 305V~ 110°C 26.5x6x15mm RM22.5: MKP-X2 220N2

Chris

Kommentar von der Redaktion:
Bitte beachten Sie, dass Eingriffe in sicherheitsrelevante Bauteile die Sicherheit gefährden können!
Verfasser:
weekenderraf
Zeit: 17.02.2019 18:03:27
Hallo Bozzy.
I have the same problem with code 38:33. I have a Vitodens 300WB3D, build in 2011 with boiler control: VBC 132-AO4-201 (Vitotronic 200, HO1B). Is the boiler control board in my Vitodens the same as in your picture? Does it also have the capacitor C105?

Kind regards.
Raf

Verfasser:
hd4me
Zeit: 12.05.2019 19:13:28
Hallo,
hatte auch den Fehler 38:33 bei meiner 300WBC.

Nachdem ich heute C105 erneuert habe, funktioniert wieder alles.
Danke für den "wertvollen" Hinweis.

Verfasser:
ramack
Zeit: 05.08.2019 20:57:36
Thanks a lot for the analysis and sharing the results especially @Bozzy, @ClausTTL and @Martin24

I recently have a similar issue with my WB3D from 2011, and it only burned around 2600 m³ gas, which doesn make me feel like it should be fixed for several hundred euros.

The proposed Vishay Cap F1772SX242231KFIB0 is no longer available at RS, so I looked at Conrad (which I favor) and found WCAP-FTXX 890334024002CS from Würth-Electronics. Do you think it is a good alternative?

Also I'd like to understand a bit more about it's usage in the circuit. I got, that it is permanently supplied, so I wonder whether it would be a good idea to switch off the supply of the vito normally and activate it only when there is the request to heat and maybe once a week (or maybe day) to move the pump. That I loose the time and date is not so critical for me and the other settings seem to be stored in flash anyhow.

What do you think about that?

Additional to the effect of the up and down of the blower and sometimes FE "Feuererungsautomat" I have seen quite some jumps in the temperatures of the exhaust (Abgas) and the boiler (not sure whether this is the correct English word for "Kessel"). I see this sporadic increase around 10-20°C in the display but also in the graphs generated from a datapoint every minute via optolink:

http://public-gallery.raphael-mack.de/_data/i/upload/2019/08/05/20190805204747-239f78d0-me.png (no img link as my public gallery runs still without https)

So I wonder whether you faced similar problems or whether I potentially have a completely different issue. - Which I don't believe as I have also C2:38:33.

Verfasser:
Bozzy
Zeit: 13.09.2019 17:41:45
Sorry for the late reply, I don't follow this thread regularly.
Zitat von weekenderraf Beitrag anzeigen
I have the same problem with code 38:33. I have a Vitodens 300WB3D, build in 2011 with boiler control: VBC 132-AO4-201 (Vitotronic 200, HO1B). Is the boiler control board in my Vitodens the same as in your picture? Does it also have the capacitor C105?

I'm not a Viessmann expert, but your control seems to be the same of mine (HO1B), so I guess you'll find the same C105 inside. Maybe (I hope) you've already solved your problem, anyway I'd have opened it up to see if there's a C105 with the same characteristics (220nF X2 cap) and in that case I'd have changed it.
Zitat von ramack Beitrag anzeigen
The proposed Vishay Cap F1772SX242231KFIB0 is no longer available at RS, so I looked at Conrad (which I favor) and found WCAP-FTXX 890334024002CS from Würth-Electronics. Do you think it is a good alternative?

Technically it's the same as the Vishay, but it has different pin distance. I'd look for a capacitor with the same or similar mechanical characteristics, so that it would fit in its place without improper adaptations.
so I wonder whether it would be a good idea to switch off the supply of the vito normally

It seems quite a drastic solution for me, having to switch on and off the vito "on demand", but if you feel comfortable with this, I think there's nothing wrong. I'd power it up once a day (or every 2 days at least) as you said, to let the pump and other valves to move.
I have seen quite some jumps in the temperatures of the exhaust (Abgas) and the boiler

I don't remember having seen similar jumps in the temperature readings, this seems something completely different... There are other X2 caps in that board, maybe you have another one failing, as well as C105 (maybe more than one is failing, this is what I mean, sorry for my English).
I'd try to replace the C105 and see what happens. BTW, I'm also logging temperatures and other data from optolink once every 30s, so I'm quite sure I didn't had these spikes in my graphs.

Cheers,
Bozzy

Verfasser:
Onkel2012
Zeit: 13.09.2019 20:01:14
Ich habe erst heute eine TRGI Schulung hinter mir.
Mit teils erschreckenden Bildern von Ergebnissen solcher Basteleien!
Denn jetzt ist es hier sogar schon soweit, dass hier empfohlen wird, nicht die gleichen Bauteile in den GFA zu bauen, als die, die original drin waren.
Die rote Linie wurde hier imho schon lange überschritten!

Könnte die Administration nicht bitte endlich mal diesen Faden löschen, um Unheil abzuwenden??

Verfasser:
Mogli_at_home
Zeit: 13.09.2019 21:10:15
Ja, das finde ich auch, bitte löschen! ich möchte lieber alle 2 Jahre eine neue Steuerung für 500 Euro von Viessmann, welche alle Hinweise auf einen Serienfehler als Spinnerei abtun, kaufen wie hier fachgerechte Hilfe zu finden um mit einem seriengleichen Bauteil für 1 Euro die Steuerung wieder zum Laufen zu bringen.

Onkel2012, bist du ein Viessmann Mitarbeiter oder wirklich so ein verbohrter Deutscher?

Verfasser:
Onkel2012
Zeit: 13.09.2019 22:16:43
Weder noch. Da muss ich leider enttäuschen. Und alle 2 Jahre eine neue Regelung - alles klar....
Ich bin nun auch schon ein paar Jahre im KD unterwegs: WENN wir bei jemandem die Regelung getauscht haben, dann war das NIE ein zweites mal nötig.
BTW: mein eigener Vitodens 300 WB3C hat noch die ERSTE Regelung aus 2009!
Da von einem Serienfehler zu reden, der bis heute anhält, ist überzogen und fast schon Verleumdung.

Verfasser:
Mogli_at_home
Zeit: 13.09.2019 22:58:15
Schön für dich. In meiner Heizung ist jetzt in 9 Jahren die 4. Regelung drin. Immer der Kondi. Und Viessmann weigert sich nicht nur den Fehler anzuerkennen (obwohl er vom Fachbetrien gemeldet wurde), nein sie untersuchen weder Heizung noch defekte Regelung. Aber jetzt ist Schluss. Die mit dem Kondi reparierte läuft gut, und eine weitere "geflickte" liegt schon auf Reserve.
Dein Gerede von Verleumdung zeigt mir sowieso wessen Geistes Kind du bist....

Verfasser:
Martin24
Zeit: 13.09.2019 23:33:47
Dieser Kondensator an dieser Stelle der Schaltung ist eindeutig ein Designfehler (oder natürlich Absicht), der dazu führt, dass die Regelung nach einigen Jahren ausfällt. Je nach Umgebungsbedingungen kann die tatsächliche Zeitdauer deutlich variieren.

Ich bin froh darüber, dass das hier diskutiert wurde und der Fehler schließlich auf diesen Kondensator eingekreist werden konnte.
Und ich sehe tatsächlich kein Problem darin, wenn jemand mit den nötigen Elektronik-Kenntnissen diesen Kondensator austauscht und die Regelung danach weiterbetrieben wird.

Womit ich allerdings ein Riesenproblem habe ist, dass ich inzwischen 2 Beispiele gesehen habe (eins nur Fotos, eins im Original) wo Leute sich am Austausch des Kondensators versucht haben, die vorher allenfalls einen Dachdeckerlötkolben in der Hand hatten. Und da wird es wirklich gefährlich, weil absolut nicht abzuschätzen ist, was dabei noch kaputtgeht.
Denn wir reden immerhin von der Platine, die dem Gasventil sagt "mach mal Gas auf" wenn sie danach nicht sagt "zünde mal" oder weiter sagt "Gas auf" obwohl gar keine Wärme abgenommen wird und alle Temperaturfühler "Stop" schreien, dann fliegt einem das um die Ohren.

Von daher bin ich inzwischen auch der Meinung, diese "Anleitung" sollte hier lieber wieder verschwinden, weil sie Leute auf dumme Gedanken bringt, die einfach nicht wissen, was sie da tun und die dadurch sich und andere gefährden.
Schade, wenn darunter die leiden, die sowas können aber dann die benötigten Informationen nicht mehr finden. Aber m.E. unterm Strich das kleinere Übel.

Grüße
Martin

Verfasser:
martinwall
Zeit: 14.09.2019 00:03:35
Zitat von Martin24 Beitrag anzeigen
Dieser Kondensator an dieser Stelle der Schaltung ist eindeutig ein Designfehler (oder natürlich Absicht), der dazu führt, dass die Regelung nach einigen Jahren ausfällt. Je nach Umgebungsbedingungen kann die tatsächliche Zeitdauer deutlich variieren.

Ich bin froh darüber, dass das[...]

Einen Kondensator von 220nF an dieser Stelle als sicherheitsrelevantes Bauteil zu bezeichnen zeugt entweder von Ignoranz oder von absoluter Unkenntnis. Gleichwohl bin auch ich der Meinung, daß der Austausch Fachleuten ( also Menschen mit Wissen in Schaltungstechnik und Elektronik, also nicht heutigen Elektronikern ) vorbehalten sein sollte.

Grüße

Verfasser:
Martin24
Zeit: 14.09.2019 08:52:59
Zitat von martinwall Beitrag anzeigen
[...]

Einen Kondensator von 220nF an dieser Stelle als sicherheitsrelevantes Bauteil zu bezeichnen zeugt entweder von Ignoranz oder von absoluter Unkenntnis.

Vorsicht. Dieser Kondensator ist in einer Sicherheitsschaltung zur Spannungsüberwachung. Er sorgt z.B. auch dafür dass die Steuerung eine Störung erkennt, wenn sie nicht an 230V-Wechselspannung sondern an irgendeiner Gleichspannung betrieben wird (was das Schaltnetzteil auf der Platine problemlos vertragen würde, der Trafo dagegen nicht).
Prinzipiell könnte diese Schaltung auch verhindern, dass die Steuerung z.B. an einem einfachen Trapezwechselrichter betrieben wird (ob sie das tut weiß ich nicht, habe ich nicht ausprobiert). Ob das nötig ist, kann ich nicht beurteilen, keine Ahnung, was z.B. Gasventil etc. dann machen würden.
Aber es kann durchaus sein, dass ein falscher Kondensator (z.B. zu große Kapazität) an dieser Stelle dafür sorgt. dass einige der Fehlermöglichkeiten nicht mehr erkannt werden.

Insofern ist der Kondensator hier ein sicherheitsrelevantes Bauteil.
Trotzdem spricht absolut nichts dagegen, ihn gegen einen anderen Kondensator mit gleichen Kennwerten (und vielleicht sogar höherer Lebensdauer) auszutauschen.
Aber man sollte z.B. nicht auf die Idee kommen, eine größere Kapazität zu verwenden, um seine Lebensdauer zu erhöhen, wie das z.B. bei Siebelkos in Netzteilen oft gemacht wird.
Und nebenbei bleibt eben auch noch die Gefahr, durch Ungeschicklichkeit oder Unerfahrenheit irgendwas anderes auf der Platine kaputtzumachen. Die Steuerung ist zwar offenbar sogar einfehlersicher ausgeführt, aber wenn genug Berserker darauf losgelassen werden, findet sich auch jemand, der eine Fehlerkombination erzeugt, die nicht erkannt wird.

Lange Rede, kurzer Sinn:
Man sollte sich mit sowas wirklich auskennen, wenn man da reparieren will. Dieser Thread verleitet aber leider dazu, das ohne ausreichende Kenntnisse und Erfahrungen zu probieren.

Grüße
Martin

Verfasser:
martinwall
Zeit: 14.09.2019 16:37:09
Lange Rede, kurzer Sinn:
Man sollte sich mit sowas wirklich auskennen, wenn man da reparieren will. Dieser Thread verleitet aber leider dazu, das ohne ausreichende Kenntnisse und Erfahrungen zu probieren.

Sag ich ja.
Trotzdem ist dieses Bauteil nicht Sicherheitsrelevant, auch wenn es in einer Sicherheitsschaltung sitzt. Dafür hat ein Kondensator naturgemäß viel zu große Toleranzen. Sicherheitsrelevant wäre z.B. ein Widerstand der bei Überlastung durchbrennt

Grüße

Aktuelle Forenbeiträge
Lupo1 schrieb: Hallo, es gibt einen schmalen hohen Hygienespeicher, suche hier nach Solimpeks 300 oder 500. Habe mich mit dem Thema WW Speicher zu unserer WP tiefer beschäftigt. Anfänglich hatte ich in unserer Planung...
ThomasShmitt schrieb: Naja ist beides. Das Thermometer misst die Temperatur und zeigt sie dir an und danach regelt dann das Thermostat. Bzgl. Effizient wird sich das bei einer Gasetagenheizung nicht viel tun, aber du könntest...
ANZEIGE
Hersteller-Anzeigen
Wasserbehandlung mit Zukunft
Hochleistungsfähige, intelligente Systeme und Produkte für Bad und Sanitär
Website-Statistik